- What are the functions and associated desired standards of performance of the asset in its present operating context (functions)?
- What ways can it fail to fulfill its functions (functional failures)?
- What causes each functional failure (failure modes)?
- What happens when each failure occurs (failure effects)?
- In what way does each failure matter (failure consequences)?
- What should be done to predict or prevent each failure (proactive tasks and task intervals)?
- What should be done if a suitable proactive task cannot be found (default actions)?
RCM goals and logics
|RCM GOALS||RCM LOGICS|
|Ensure realization of inherent Safety and Reliability and Integrity of the equipment||Determine the function of the system / component|
|Restore equipment to required levels when deterioration occurs||Define what is a functional failure|
|Obtain the information necessary for design improvements where inherent reliability is insufficient||Evaluate the consequences of failure|
|Accomplish these goals at a minimum total life cycle cost||Assign a maintenance task to prevent the failure|